Since I’ve been pregnant, I’ve been trying to take my health more seriously. I say this because I was semi-serious about my health before, but I’m not good at acting upon my own wishes. But even with my impossible cravings, I’ve been eating a little bit healthier. I’ve also been going to the doctor, taking care of my skin (even more), and of course, taking my prenatal. That brings me to today’s review, and I want to talk all about Rainbow Light 1st Trimester Prenatal Vitamins.
Are Prenatal Vitamins Essential?
Almost everyone will tell you that the first thing you should do when you learn you are pregnant is starting taking prenatal vitamins. According to the American Pregnancy Association: ” Prenatal vitamins consist of a variety of vitamins and minerals that help your baby get the nutrients that are essential for healthy development. During pregnancy, a woman’s daily intake requirements for certain nutrients, such as folic acid (folate), calcium, and iron, will increase. Vitamins and minerals such as iron, calcium, and folic acid are vital for proper fetal growth, development, and healthy adult living.” Click here to read the full article.
Basically, prenatal vitamins can be pretty essential to incorporate into your everyday pregnancy life.
Rainbow Light 1st Trimester Prenatal Vitamins – The Review
When I found out I was pregnant, I immediately started researching prenatal vitamins like some kind of madwoman. Of course, I had a few measly requirements:
- I wanted the vitamins to be 100% vegan-friendly
- The vitamins should be filled with nutrients, especially folate, for both me and OH
❗️❗️Monday Morning News: Baby OH has all ten fingers and all ten toes 😍💛🤰🏼🌻
— Kasia | Growing & Glowing (@growandglowblog) November 11, 2019
My Top Five Favorite Features About Rainbow Light 1st Trimester Prenatals
- The vitamin blend is 100% vegan friendly.
- The vitamin blend is full of vitamins, minerals, and even fruits + veggies.
- Formulated with a Tummy Soothe Blend to ease morning sickness symptoms
- Formulated with a Probiotic + Probiotic Digestive Blend to help with everything on the inside 😉
- Lots of B vitamins to promote energy. Because let’s face it…pregnancy is exhausting!
Rainbow Light 1st Trimester Cons
- Even though the bottle stays that the vitamins are gentle enough to take without food, I found that taking them in the morning or on an empty stomach made me feel horribly sick and nauseous. I learned to start taking them at lunch or dinner time after food intake.
- Because the Tummy Soothe Blend has ginger root in it, the vitamin has a very gingery aftertaste that makes me burp ginger. (The 2nd Trimester vitamins are better about this.)
These are surprising, the only cons, and they are pretty manageable!
Overall, I really love these vitamins! They are perfect for my lifestyle and everyday needs. And as I said, the cons are super manageable, the vitamins are affordable (available for free shipping on Amazon prime ;D ), and I love that it has all the extras inside. So if you’re looking into trying Rainbow Light 1st Trimester Prenatal Vitamins, I highly recommend them.
One Last Tip: Research Before You Buy!
If you’ve landed on this page, chances are you’re researching prenatal vitamins. But if you’re pregnant – please don’t choose just any prenatal. Take into consideration that these vitamins should support your health AND baby’s health, and the decision should not be taken lightly.
And even if you’ve done the research, you may find that something that worked for someone else may not exactly work for your body and your needs. Stay safe in your decisions, and don’t settle!!